The course highlight includes the duration, eligibility, admission process, colleges, top recruiters, job profiles, fee and salary.
|10+2 with minimum 50% marks with science stream
|Top Recruiting companies
|Home health care, community pharmacy, clinical pharmacy, geriatric pharmacy, managed care, governmental agencies, etc.
|Pharmacists, drug experts, retail pharmacists, hospital pharmacy director, hospital staff pharmacists, clinical pharmacists, etc.
Pharm.D: What is it about?
Pharm.D is an important course that deals with the study of pharmaceuticals, medicine and drug related practice.
- The course is divided into two stages. The first stage includes academic study. The total duration of this stage is for a period of 5 years. The second stage is the internship and residency training that involves pharmacy practice or clinical pharmacy service.
- The course was launched in India in 2008 and is regulated by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- Doctor of Pharmacy is a combination of science and art of dispensing medicines.
- Students are acknowledged as practical in clinical pharmacy, medical pharmacy.
- After completing the course, students are gained with the skills in diagnosis, therapeutics usage of drugs, treatment and selection of diseases, etc.
- They perform tasks like monitoring patients, diagnosing the disease, etc.
Why Study PharmD?
The PharmD course has its own set of advantages but it also gives an edge in the competitive world. The demand for PharmD graduates is high.
- Involvement in community: Pharmacists are an important part of the community because they contribute to the health and welfare of the patients and residents. Also they served minorities.
- Many career options: There are a variety of career options in this field. Pharmacists can work in organizations, nursing homes, hospitals, colleges, and the medical industry.
- Part of the Healthcare Team: They work with the other professionals to ensure the continuity of care. They are playing an important role in decreasing chronic disease management. They are also a part of clinics, counseling patients.
Who should do Pharm.D Course
- Aspirants who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare can pursue the Pharm.D course
- Candidates who are interested in working with various drugs regulation authorities and preventing medical or drug overdose should pursue this course.
- Candidates who want to pursue a career in pharmaceutical must pursue this course.
What is Eligibility Criteria for PharmD?
To be apply for PharmD Course candidate but fit in the eligibility criteria:
- Qualify 10+2 with minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board.
- Relaxation of up to 5% marks is considered for reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC.
- Candidates who have completed their D.Pharm course with 40% in aggregate are also eligible to study for the Pharm.D course.
- Science stream with PCB (Physics, chemistry, Biology) or PCM (Physics, chemistry, Mathematics) as subjects are preferred.
- Some colleges or universities have different eligibility criteria as a common entrance test for admission.